- 175g 70% dark chocolate chopped small
- 15g caster sugar
- 45 ml fresh orange juice
- 45 ml whiskey or rum
- 40g slightly salted soft unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs, separated
- a small pinch of sea salt, plus a little extra for topping
- Grated orange zest for decoration
- pinch chilli flakes for decoration
Sit a heatproof bowl over a pan of just simmering water.
Add chocolate, sugar, juice Combine and leave to melt slowly. Remove the bowl. Stir in the butter, whiskey, egg yolks. Set to one side.
Whisk the egg whites until stiff. Beat one tbsp of the whites into the chocolate mix along with the pinch of salt.
Fold the rest of the whites lightly into the chocolate with a metal spoon. Don’t overmix to keep it light and fluffy!
Spoon or pour into your container of choice. Chill for 1-2 hours and then top with orange zest chilli flakes and a little more crunchy salt.