- 2 dessert apples peeled, cored and chopped small ( keep in cold water)
- 250g sultanas
- 100 g Dried raisin sultana & cranberry mix
- 100 g soft prunes chopped and stoned
- 250 ml stout
- 1 medium cooking apple peeled cored and grated
- 1 teaspoons mixed spice
- 300 g muscovado sugar
- 2 dessert apples peeled, cored and chopped small
- 110g glace cherries
- juice and zest 1 lemon
- 50 g butter
- 200g dark chocolate chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 85ml brandy Optional
Add the stout to a large pan with the grated cooking apple, muscovado sugar, lemon juice.and zest, bring to the boil, and simmer stirring for about 5 minutes.
place the dried fruits and other dry ingredients into a bowl with the chopped dessert apples.
Add the dried fruit mixture to the pan with the butter and simmer until it thickens.
Remove from the heat, leave cool to at least 50 c and stir in the brandy and chopped chocolate.
Transfer the mixture into sterilised jars and seal immediately.
Label and Store in the fridge or in a cool dark place for up to 6 months