- 500g macaroni, cooked al dente, drained
- 100g butter, cubed
- 400g langoustine tails, deveined and chopped
- 60g seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 130g diced Spanish onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 50g plain flour
- 700ml whole milk
- 10g cocoa butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- sea salt ground black pepper to taste
- 30g grated Parmesan cheese
- 30g grated Swiss cheese
- 30g grated mature cheddar cheese
- 450ml crab meat cooked
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
Preheat your oven to 200 C
Melt a tablespoon of the butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Add langoustine and cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes. set aside.
In a large saucepan, melt the remaining butter, toss in the onions and garlic and cook until softened,
Add flour and cook for an additional minute, stirring constantly, add milk and whisk until smooth and there are no lumps.
Bring to a gentle boil, reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook until thickened, whisking constantly,
Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg.
Remove saucepan from heat, and stir in cheeses until smooth fold in the macaroni, langoustine and crab meat.
Transfer to a buttered casserole dish.
Toss the panko bread crumbs in melted cocoa butter.
Top the casserole with the panko mix.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until bread crumb topping is golden brown and sauce is bubbling around edges.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and lemon.