- 2x 200g Sirloin Steaks
- 10g Butter
- Sea Salt and freshly ground white Pepper to taste
- For the sauce
- 10g. cocoa Butter (or unsalted Butter)
- 20g finely chopped Shallot or Onion
- 60 ml Port
- 60 ml Beef Stock
- 1 Tbs of Cocoa Vinegar ( or red wine vinegar)
- 5g chopped fresh Rosemary
- 25g. dark chocolate chopped
- dash Tabasco sauce! (Optional)
Brush the steak with Olive Oil and season on all sides.
Heat up a pan or grill pan with butter on medium-high heat.
When the pan starts to smoke, add the Steaks and cook how you like to eat it.
Depending on the size of your Steaks and the strength of your heat, it may take 3 -4 minutes on each side for a nice medium rare steak!
place on a plate cover with a clean cloth and leave to rest at room temperature for a minute or two.
To make the sauce.
In a small pan, melt 10g cocoa butter and stir in the Shallot. Cook for about 1 minute.
Pour in the Port and cocoa vinegar. Stir until the mixture reduces down to the consistency of syrup. (about 3-4 minutes)
Add the Beef Stock and freshly chopped Rosemary to the sauce and bring to a simmer. After about a minute, whisk in the chopped Chocolate, stir until it melts and slightly thickens the sauce.
eason to taste, then add a dash of Tabasco sauce for an optional kick!
Pour sauce over Steaks to serve.