- 500 g turkey meat, cut in strips
- 150 ml chicken stock,
- 25g dark chocolate grated
- 400g chopped tomatoes, (canned)
- 1 large onion,
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 fresh red chilli, seeded and sliced
- 1½ tbsp chilli powder, more to taste
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 40 g raisins
- 3 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- salt and pepper
- sour cream to garnish
- sprigs of fresh coriander to garnish
Heat the oil in a large wide pan over a moderately low heat.
Add the onion and garlic with the sliced chilli and sesame seeds and cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until the onion is soft and golden.
Add the turkey meat and stir briefly to mix with the onion.
Sprinkle over the chilli powder and cloves, and add the canned tomatoes and juice add the raisins. Stir well.
Pour in the stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, add in the dark chocolate cover the pan and leave to simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Add the almonds and chopped coriander, and mix well.
Season to taste. Spoon into a serving dish, garnish with sprigs of coriander and sour cream and serve immediately with boiled rice and salsa.