- 15g Butter (Softened)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1/2 Onion (Diced)
- 2 Medium Tomato (Deseeded & Diced)
- 50g Dark Brown Sugar
- 120ml Cider Vinegar (Apple)
- 100g Tomato Ketchup
- 400ml Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Ground Cloves
- 60g Dark Chocolate (Chopped Small)
- 6g Fresh Coriander
- 3/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt (Ground)
- 1/4 Black Pepper (Ground)
Melt the butter in small pan over medium heat.
Add the garlic and onion, sauté 5 minutes or until golden brown
Add in the tomatoes, and stir, and sauté an additional 5 minutes.
Add sugar and chili powder, mix well, and cook for further 5 minutes.
Add vinegar, reduce for 5 minutes, mixture should have a paste consistency.
Add ketchup, stock, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, salt and pepper stir well.
Bring to a boil and reduce to a slow simmer after 30 minutes, add in chocolate and Coriander simmer for further 5 minutes.
Remove the pan from heat and let stand for 10 minutes before blitzing the sauce and transferring into a clean container.