- 4 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 4 aubergine, (medium, sliced in half lengthwise)
- 80 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 tspn tahini
- 50 grams white chocolate (melted and cooled slightly)
- 2 tbsps chopped parsley (finely)
- 11/2 tsps ground cumin
- 11/2 tsps smoked paprika or chilli
- Sea Salt
- Ground black pepper
- Pomegranate seeds (for garnish)
- Pita bread (Toasted, for serving)
Prick the aubergines with a fork. Grill the aubergines and garlic until the skin is charred and blacked and the flesh feels soft when you press it (this should around 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking).
In a pestle and mortar, crush the garlic with the lemon juice, tahini, olive oil and pepper.
When cool, cut the aubergines in half and scoop out the flesh.
Transfer to a food processor with juice, tahini, chocolate, half the parsley, the cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper; blitz until smooth.
Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with remaining parsley and pomegranate seeds; serve with warm pita on the side for dipping.